Title: The King’s Mandate: Anomalous System
Genre(s): Video Games
Tags: Romance, Adventure, Action, Comedy, Evolution, R-18, VRMMORPG, Virtual Reality, Game world, Fantasy, Game elements, Mystery, VRMMO, Futuristic, Weak to strong, Overpowered MC, Multiple Love interests, Marriage, Prince, Rich MC, Magic, Princess, School life, Kings, System, Kingdoms, Royalty, Polygamy, Gore, Ecchi, mature (excluded some non-tags)
Main Lead: Male
AVB Assessment Score: PDE 2 CDD 2 SWB 2 || TQ 3 SV 1 || Overall: 10
Number of Chapters: 453
Chapter Length: Medium
Reading Level: Low
Date of First Release: April 28, 2020
Date of Last Update: March 20, 2021
AVB Reviewed? No
Available on Platform(s): Webnovel
Number of Views: 3M
Number of Reviews: 120
Daas Ryle, a boy born in a lineage of Royals. He was the only male heir and because of that, there have been many tries to kill him and his family.
Losing the girl he loved when he was a kid, he turned into a psycho. He started to find joy and satisfaction in killing and crushing his enemies. His hate burned like hellfire. Having suffered hell in his childhood, he became an emotionless boy who thought studying was his only way to live.
“Whoever dares to harm my loved ones shall cease to exist”– This was his motto.
That was when he met ‘her,’ the girl who changed his life. He slowly started falling in love with her. She was his Salvatore. Daas began changing, becoming a normal high school boy, at least from the outside.
Then one day, his girlfriend asked him to play a VR game with her. Little did he know that agreeing to play the game would change his life, how it would affect him in the real world, and how his future would change. How he will learn the dark secrets of the cruel world he lives in.
PillGrandCreator: This is a well thought and well written story that takes it’s time to setup and build not engaging in mindless action. The characters have depth and are explored nicly along with the story. normally I don’t like game novels but this Book stands out especially in characterization and character interaction. this book deserves more attention pls share and reviwe so the author can continue to make quality work. Recommended.
Now go and read!
Chiku1605: Its a good novel to read if you have free time. The plot is interesting and way too mysterious. The pacing of the story is ok. It could be certainly better. The main gripe for me is the characters. Their motivations, powers, emotions are very unclear or I should say are not expressed as they should be. Some interactions are just way too shallow if the harem is to be a good one. I do not think that keeping a secret from someone is too bad but the way he keeps secrets from those who should tell personally irritates the heck out of me, though that is a personal gripe. All in all a good concept with room for loads of improvement.
_VA_: The author has put a lot of effort into writing this, and he even rewrote the first few chapters several times. However, I recommend he get a proofreader, because while everything is readable, some syntax errors are very distracting to the reader. Besides that, I think the author has a very unique writing style that is amusing to read. Personally, I think his writing is a lot like how he texts in real life with his friends, and I think that this allowed many readers to feel closer to the narrator.
A warning to future readers though– the main character is very dubious and hateful while the primary love interest gets cuckolded more and more in the later chapters. The intimate scenes are also quite lacking.
JoshS: Note that I’ve only read to 84 and will not continue because I will not use coins. Pretty good story and character development, however some interactions are a little cringy and just make it feel like the mc is a wannabe edgelord but its fine I guess.There are some interesting points that make people want to continue to see what happens. The plot itself is a bit slow feels like not much is happening besides character development. The reason by the main heroine for accepting a harem is ok better than alot of other novels. Then again harem excuses will always be bad, and this is coming from me as a harem supporter. Unfortunately I can’t give anymore deatils of how I feel of the story has I’ve hit the paywall, farewell author and goodluck.
Akichi: OK, this is my second review on this novel, and although it is mostly the same thing as before, I have to say that the author’s foreshadowing are worth looking into even if the start is somewhat horrendous whenever the Mc isn’t around his parents or girlfriend. Overall, a great romance story, the author even being able to pull off a difficult tag such as harem thanks to his character creation abilities. Those guys grow on you like a fungus, but in a good way. The Mc himself is sometimes infuriating, but as you watch his thought process for longer, you will inevitably understand what the author is trying to make of the reader-MC connection. I could talk more about this or that development, but just the fact someone pulled those kinds of plot points successfully makes me want to femboy, nevermind the respect that blossomed from all the proper discussions and dialogs, which lead me to write this relatively long review and not want to hide it behind some block.
DaoistTamashii: Fazit first (200 chapters): It is an interesting story, worth reading.
The story starts very chaotic in the early chapters. Many things seem to make no sense whatsoever. Over many chapters the reader learns more and more about the multi layered secrets around system, VR as well as real world with their royalty.
The characters seem emotionally scarred with many callenges. At Ch 200 things are far from solved, but there is at least some clarity about the situation and the background. History seems to matter quite a bit, and it comes to light bit by bit over time. The reader learns about (almost) everything with the MC – step by step – and there are very few 3rd party POVs explaining things.
The story is a good read so far and I will write another review once I reach the current chapters. Around chapter 200 things seem to kind of “start off” and get even more interesting.
There are lots of weird things in this story, but I believe the author will solve everything in due time. So: My recommendation – go for it!
The novel has romantic content and mild sexual themes (on the level of kissing, petting and making out including felatio) which should be rated R-16. (up to ch 200, I have not yet read beyond)
NotYourCat: Love this story, love the interaction between the characters, and also love the mystery about the real world and game world…
But there are few things that bother me while reading this story, maybe author can use my review as references or maybe not…
What bother me and made me feel it stupid or made uncomfortable while reading it:
1. Too much transition or cutting when we will got some important information like the feeling for each character or when the character will do something important, it’ll got sudden cut and changed to other scene… It’s fine actually but too much of it is really annoying… I mean you already have some built up and expectation, but you never give the answer of expectation and it’s really really annoying…
2. The story placed on game world and real world, but we still don’t have enough information about how the system on the game work… Because how the status work etc doesn’t looks like the usual game… Maybe author want to make some uniqueness about it but I think it’s fail…
3. MC is too much simp… Lol, but actually I don’t get bothered by it, what bother me and I found annoying is the “secret” that the MC kept from his girlfriend .. because that sounds so stupid… And just to add unnecessary drama…
a) for real world secret, idk… It’s stupid to hide how he supposedly already graduate highschool and will take the University exam… I mean he can tell her that and and after he done with the exam he can go to school like normal, and I don’t see any reason how will his girlfriend get mad at him because of this..
b) for game world secret, it’s also really stupid! Just tell her dammit! It’s just a game that can be played 4 hours a day and a bit more hours in the weekend! Will she dump you because of it! Wtf author…
4. There is no blood pumping action that we usually get from VR genre story… And I don’t even understand how MC defeat the monster on ground 0, feels so random… Also why did he need to hide his pixie? There are 15 more people that has pixie, it’s not that rare morever the game player just around 30.000… he can increase his level bit by bit with faker skill to make people believe he is not cheating, also his girlfriend even can get to level 40+ in one month! So fast leveling here is not that special!
Well except that, I enjoy this story a lot… I hope this story do get better author!
Crazy_Cronie: heyo crazy cronie here,
review on 31/03/2021 @chap373 (released chap till date: 444)
review divided in:
Warning (includes spoilers)
A must read story for harem fans. A good romance story but not for those who are coming after VRMMORPG tag.
1) Author did a nice job in romance here. A ‘true hidden gem’ for harem fans.
2) This is a little dark novel. But also has fluffy side. Contradictory huh? Read it and you might understand.
3) One word for world building: FANTASTIC! With put real hard work in creating the plot and the mystery. This world still after so many chaps is a mystery.
4) I love the writing format of the novel. Especially those moments of system (not a spoiler since it’s in tags) but yeah! I loved it..
5) Characters created by the author are awesome! They all feel real, they have their own personalities and ambitions, something many authors of these days lack.
6) This novel surprisingly contains humor. Yeah ik there is a comedy tag, but despite the tag most of the novel do stupid jokes.. like fart jokes and the likes. This one I truly enjoyed the comedy moments.
7) the interactions between the characters are awesome!! This is how conversations in reality takes place, something which cannot be easily portrayed! The interactions between the mc and his girls never failed to put a smile on my face at the end of the chapter
8) I love how the author released few chaps with his girls POV (tho mainly focused on FL, but still a plus)
1) [NOT REALLY A CONS] As mentioned above this novel has a dark side despite the fluffy romance moments. (This depends person to person, for me a pro)
2) [NOT REALLY A CONS] No probs with updates. My basic requirement with updates is (7ch/d for og) & (14ch/d for tl). But this is my personal scale so you might as well ignore it.
3) There are few typo errors. No prob with grammar.. (well there are prob with pronoun at the last chaps i read like mistaking mc for she) but mainly spelling mistakes and misplacement of words.
4) The writing.. I already mentioned many times in my comments but it is confusing few times who is speaking what.
5) Even though the interactions are awesome, we many times fail to grasp the emotions and facial expressions of the characters, since it’s never mentioned what expressions the characters really have on their face.
6) pacing i felt sometimes it was little slow. It would have been better if it was a little faster.
– maybe if the confusion of who is speaking which line is reduced it might become a better read
writing: 8/10 (pro-4&6 & con-3&4)
update: 8.5/10 (con-2)
plot: 8.5/10 (pro-1,2&3, con-1)
characters: 8.5/10 (pro-5,6&8)
pacing: 8/10 (con-6)
dialogues: 9/10 (pro-7 con-5)
As a harem fan, I would definitely want this novel to get more attention!! Also to the readers please support this novel with at least powerstones if possible!!
And thanks to the author for the chaps as always!
*SPOILER (not exactly)*
– MC may seem a little edgy.
– rather than a anti hero, one might as well refer him as evil
– sometimes mc is sharp and sometimes dumb (there is a reason tho)
– mc is dense af!
Story Post Last Updated: April 16, 2021